This is the flat-panel Ribby Shell. As you can see, the yarn is self-striping. When it came time to start the second side of the v-neck, I really did attempt to find the correct place in the skein so that the sides would match. I ripped it back once and tried again. Then I decided I didn't mind the difference, though looking at the photo really makes it look egregious. I have plenty of yarn, so I might try once more...on the other hand, don't hold your breath. I'm more concerned about the fit at the moment, anyway. The yarn (Rowan Tapestry) is a smaller gauge than the pattern calls for, so I made some calculations, but...well, I'm not sure. I started it so long ago that I can' t quite remember what exactly I did, but I wish I had included another inch's worth of stitches. If blocking it will give me another little bit, I'll be in good shape. Otherwise, I'll just wear it with a camisole under jackets (scratch factor), which will be fine, too.
I really love the ribbing on the sides and especially the beautiful stitch detail up and down the v-neck, which is also beautifully simple.
Gratituous 2-year-old-on-pig-train photo: